Saturday 13 March 2010

the [v-word] called *##**!!

[This is a message from MacTavish's tinopeners: So here it is - the nasty news that the tumour is not benign and can't be removed. The good news is that the wee chap is in no pain, and is behaving just as usaul - see his post. The bad news is that we are off to Oz, leaving him in the kind hands of David, who MacTavish likes very much, The vet thinks nothing much will happen in the next couple of months, but we all agree amputation is not an option - he's not such a young chap and would hate that. This is a sad day for us....]



MacTavish's weekend blog: hi followers, it's Saturday, which I like very much. The tinopeners are around, usually more relaxed - tho' something suspicious in their behavious leads me to surmise that THEY ARE PREPARING FOR GOING AWAY! They think I don't know, but I can see the suitcases - and the lists - and the extra ironing - and the foreign money! They seems a bit worried about BRITISH AIRWAYS (I'm naot sure why!). More importantly, a very nice young man called David is coming to stay for a few weeks; I'm looking forward to showing him all the best places for providing a lap suitablefor my use.



The [v-word] has given them some nasty news, but I remind them that I feel great - especially if they would give me MORE FOOD! They are providing lots of extra cuddles and strokes, which is fine too.



Other good news is that the sun is shining and there are several warm places for a mature cat to lounge and gaze at the snowdrops. I love that! I've spent some time on the sunny side across the street, but now I'm ready for the pm siesta in my current favourite chair (apparently I'm unusual for my kind, as I like to try out new places to sleep in. Fortunately my female human likes to move the furniture around, which is very stimulating! Tho' my male human doesn't seem to agree ...)



I notice it's about to get noisy - something called the Six Nations? That usually means lots of extra laps to sit on for a few hours - can't wait.



Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tin Openers
    Oh I'm so very sorry to hear MacTavish's bad news. Our pets give us so much pleasure, but sad times too. I hope he has a decent and pain free stretch of life in front of him, finding plenty of new places to snooze and laps to curl up in.
    And best of luck with BA!
    Cheers,
    Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of purrs, Gail - and thank you for your good wishes. Hope your quizz night is a big success!!!!

    ReplyDelete